Friday, May 29, 2020

seeking sanity

In our democratic republic,
if we don't like our government
we can change it
However, that requires solidarity,
while what we mostly have
is divisiveness
 
 
 
Haters to the left of me
Haters to the right of me
Politics has become a hater's game
Weaponizing shame and blame
Keeping us all enslaved to
emotional memes
Everyone feels afraid
Nobody gets what we need
for healthful well-being
 
What if we all could make the change
Move out of hate, into sanity?
Sane to the left of me
Sane to the right of me
All able to acquire our fair share
of fulfilling desires, in peace
Free to each have our say
 
 
 
Profound ordinary moments
call to me as feeling laden scenes
immediate, sensory
How I have become,
relayed images
like this:
 
 
 
 
 

5/23-28/20

No comments: