Thursday, March 25, 2021

lighting hope

  

what I mind about the pro-gun effort is
not so much the guns (mere objects)
as the attitude of arrogant irresponsibility,
fearmongering and escalation of violence
 
 
 
 
I have been consciously nonbinary for years now –
a useful discipline to look for more alternatives
when presented with either/or
 
 
 
 
I like the theater of the talking filibuster,
which would make more sense with a rule
requiring the talking be about the actual bill in question. 
This could be a means of informing the public
about the bill's particulars and the arguments
against it.  It would mean that bills couldn't be
merely disappeared  as a matter of course,
but instead would have vast public exposure
and dialog, the whole press hysteria.
I imagine that full sunlight on the GOP
dirty tricks and cynicism could usefully add
to that dialog.  It might be a fun project. 
However, I am certainly open to any
suggestions and a continuing conversation.
 
 
 
Me, whatever that means --
mammal caught up in social fantasy.
Unaware of my chance to be,
feel reality as wind on bare skin,
as air, circulating within,
as impermanent memories.
This quiet quest to discover,
define humanity,
creatures atune to music,
masters of delusion, insanity,
art. Blind action, wise contemplation,
savage nations, violent revenge,
cycling, devaluing.
 
 
 
I wonder if any of these mass shooters,
consciously or not,
are doing what they can to promote
gun reform.
 
 
 
What have I go give
as I fade, escape like helium
from an aging balloon?
Looming, a spectre of allegiance,
affection, gratitude, familial amity.
Surging smile of grace, of blessing
of friendship beyond boundary of
mundane reality.
Please, never believe your love
less than profoundly valued.
 
 
 
3/23-25/21

No comments: