Sunday, December 12, 2021

weekend round-up

  

increase your critical thinking and be
suspicious as you read -- ask questions
and actually do your own critical research
review for any topic that holds your interest
 
 
 
we need a 21st Century Voting Rights
campaign, evolved from the '60s, to fit
our current threat to all of our rights.
 
 
 
who keeps voting for these useless politicians? 
who is doing the work to get out the vote, and
convince the electorate that we can have our
democratic power if we insist on using it?
 
 
 
 
I don't categorize people
according to erroneous color metaphors, but
by who they are to me.
 
 
 
Scream out your ignorance
on social media so we all know to stay away.
 
 
 
Completely merged with calm --
find how that feels, and feel that.
 
 
 
Beautiful music is a blessing.
 
 
 
an art project to merge my self into
and carry me through my pain.
 
 
 
I marched for Civil Rights, against the Vietnam War,
with the Yippies in the '60s.  I have continued great interest
in socio-political issues all through my life, including deep
reading, intense conversations, serious thought as well
as various activist activities. 
Instead of arrogant advice to educate myself,
how about you ask how I can educate you?
 
 
 
 
12/10-12/21
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: