Saturday, June 1, 2019

situation, not condition

people feel exhausted
expect the end of days
don't want to bother to change, to work for a future time
dividing into armed camps that snipe and rage
makes it easy to deny a reality
we're too worn down to face.
 
 
 
A world where people are valued
based on what they can buy
 
 
 
My avant-garde inner theatre
is my identity.
I never see me in ancestral stories,
or demographic styles.
The curse/the gift of outsider
to all tribes.
When we are respected,
we have so much ot say.
 
 
 
From those who criticize,
call names, express disrespect
as career, to be reviled
is an honor.
 
 
 
Leaders organize enjoyable activities
service to community
strengthening bonds across
identity lines – this intersectionality
we call humanity
 
 
 
Through my erratic mind
I feel your dancing energy
see you as grace of movement,
gently strong,
exuding life with affection’s connection.
In moving flashes we are.
I admire, exult in
strobes of brightly colored imagery;
bathe sensations of silk, frankincense,
pine and ecstasy of sharing stories,
complicit in weaving identities.  
You and me – such a fragile song.
Brief meetings, long lost secrets, linger.
Friends who live forever in fragments,
erratic memory.
 
 
 
Palestinians – Israel
African Americans – USA
hate burn of guilt
violent projection
retribution, tragic cycle
 
 
 

5/28-5/1/19

No comments: