Friday, June 28, 2024

Homo moronic?



 



Awhile back I opened a substack account, thinking I would figure out something to post.
Recently, I had an inspiration to collect my favorites of my writing, over these many years.
It occurred to me to post these on my substack
Who knows, maybe I might eve get some feedback.

https://lauriecorzett.substack.com/




I get that there are people who are
prevented from voting, or for whom
it is made too difficult.  That makes 
it more imperative that those of us
without those burdens perform our
basic civic duty.



Why can't we just let people be?
What makes us feel we need to
interfere in personal integrity, to
make our narrow path beliefs
outweigh outpouring of expression
by each precious human life?



It's not about differences in beliefs,
moralities.
It's that the core feature of these
people is being mean.



Why come down on our young
for device -- social media --
dependency?  From whom have they
learned that this is how we human,
and then been left (no matter how
over-scheduled) on their own?



Perhaps our underlying problem
is the seeping out of human intelligence
-- we are becoming less Home sapien,
more Homo moronic.



We pretty much all have our thing(s),
issues, inadequacies.  We are not
special for being bullied, cruelly treated,
unappreciated, ignored.
So, tell your story, embellished or stark,
transparent through dark, to take its
place among the multitude.
Yet without expectation of rising above
the rest.



6/23-28/24

No comments: