Friday, June 12, 2020

show some pride

Notice how essential does not mean
respected
how value adheres not to vital work
but to legally stolen wealth.
 
 
It has occurred to me that perhaps
the owners of the looted, burned businesses
had insurance that would offset their losses
from the Covid.
 
 
 
the police problem is not bad apples
it is bad pickers and bad apple growers,
and a bad apple market
which encourages the production and distribution
of clearly poisonous fruit
 
 
 
I want to lay out on the floor,
arms over eyes,
and cry and fall apart,
dissociate, scattered into tattered
pieces never to reassemble,
to pull myself together,
again.
 
 
 
I am but giving you my point of view.
Do as you will with my gift.
 
 
 
Isn't this the crux of our
insanity -- dividing behind
identity forts rather than
accept and rejoice in our humanity?
 
 
 
We are living the unfinished business
of the '60s.
 
 
 
We conceded to the glitz and greed
as if somehow sensible reality.
We need clear and serious conversation,
the kind of effort democracy deserves.
 
 
 

6/8-10/20

No comments: