Friday, January 10, 2020

eclipse dreaming

It does no good to denigrate yourself
for belonging to a privileged demographic.
Rather, take sincere inventory of your behaviors
toward others – and DO better.
 
 
A secret passageway in my bedroom closet
leads to an entrance to my friend’s apartment.
I sneak through when no one is looking – I hear
my family in other rooms.
At my friend’s we speak of drinking wine.
Another friend (we were irl many years ago, and
look as we did then) is there as well, and we decide
to go to a bar.
Having decided, in the way of dreams, we are at
a roadhouse bar where we engage in flirtatious
conversation with some guys and decide to all go
elsewhere.
There is a wide expanse of empty dirt road and a car
out what would be about a block away, our destination
to get to our destination.  Between us and the car
is a wide pit maybe 10 feet deep.  Everyone gets past
the pit but me.  They call for me to come on as they
get into the car.
I am stuck on the lip of the pit closest to the car, hanging
on to not fall in.  I can’t lift myself enough to get onto
solid ground.  I keep pushing to get out, but don’t have
the strength.  I think about letting go and dropping to
the bottom – and, in the way of dreams, I experience that
drop and realize it would be even so much harder to get out,
so don’t let go of the lip.
The others seem to be in the car, unaware of or ignoring
my situation.
 
1/10/20
 
 
Employees, people who give their time, their labor to
fulfill your ambitions, ought to be deeply respected
and gratefully treated for their gifts to you.
You may say:  They are being paid so it is the employer
who is giving – but are you?
Are you rather setting your class apart as more worthy,
nickel and diming to death your metaphoric golden geese?
Are you benefitting from this world of propaganda that
cuts people down, divides and big lies to keep so many
from realizing how they could do so much better working
together for their own dreams and ambitions?
Perhaps you would do well to consider the consequences
of your conceit, make amends, become true friends working
together for everyone’s best ambitions and well-being
before you become the designated enemy of the people,
lose their gifts and good will.
 
 

1/10/20

No comments: