Friday, November 10, 2023

what can we afford?

 



Rather than appropriately deal

with the ravages our activities

have made, it seems the 

reaction is to escalate dangerous

hostilities -- go out in a species

suicidal blaze instead of 

hopelessly waiting for Earth

changes to destroy us.




I don't believe in the myth of

human races.

But, I see clear evidence of

racism.

I conclude:  Hate is not reality

based.




I get it.  The money you hoard

lets you stay safe from the dangers

of human relationships.




I keep seeing articles about 

employers not being able to find 

people with the skills they need. 

Every time I shout at them 

(though they can't hear me) 

TRAIN them -- they you will 

have loyal employees trained 

specifically to fulfill your needs.




It may be that we have to

expect and adapt to a future

devoid of reliable facts.




Islamophobia, AntiSemitism --

these are their own issues over

places and times.  This violence in

the Middle East is not religion-based

hatred.  It's about land, territory,

as war so often is.




It tears my heart out

people, people suffering, torn

to pieces, lost to life of more than

pain.  And why?  For the pleasure

of influential comfortable Men

of Reason who profitably command

what national values must be.




What a wonderful excuse for

refusing to do what needs doing --

we can't afford it!  What can we afford?



11/5-10/23

No comments: