Sunday, November 5, 2023

social societies

 

isn't that what the whole MAGA 

White Nationalist thing is about -- 

the changing demographics that 

make White Christians the minority




I see various complaints about

social media as detrimental to

mental health.  To me it seems

the most salient issue is not what

happens on social media, but the

opportunity costs of time and

attention more healthfully spent

irl.




Netanyahu, Putin, Trump, 

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei -- these

are autocrats, happy to sacrifice

The People any way to enhance

their own power.




Got migrants and their issues?

Grow Up!  That is the case in better

off nations -- those the migrants

aren't migrating from.




If we are truly living in a

simulation, this AI movement toward

alternative realities won't matter

when reality is so subject to

subjectivity, to our own

creativity.



I don't know how to do people.

Wh

In all this time of trying, to divine,

to find that key, to understand, that

has been beyond me.

I know so many times I was 

enough, my constrant friend.

Yet still I feel that demeaning demand

for companionship, mutuality of

compassion, true kinship of soul.

Why would such meeting so matter?

It's only life, after all.

Here and gone.

Another log on the pyre.




I get it.  Your creed insists on us

each being our own responsibility.

No handouts -- work or starve.

Harsh.  A poor defining of kind,

spitting on the idea of empathy.

And so clearly you are aware of

your need to stave off guilt with

elevation of cruelty -- not only denying

aid or comfort, denying human dignity.




We complain that social media

has overwhelmed actual social

interplay.  We blame internet

addiction for mental distress,

epidemic loneliness.  If we were

getting the social benefits we need

in our real life relationships, we

would not have become so dependent

on the approbation of strangers.




#memorytrain  #annaslicker


She told me her life, beautiful

tragicomedy

over the brief days we played,

laughed, made memories.

See!  I carry her image, her essence

all these years.




11/3-5/23

No comments: