Sunday, January 1, 2023

montages of meaning

 

 

a striving soul cries out:

"This is me, an other cry in the wilderness

of humanity"

and is banned

 

 

 

 

it seems that there are vast areas

of enterprise used to make a living

that most people are pretty much unaware of

we seem to believe we have this very tiny

area of possible employment

 

 

 

Tell me, do I have it right?

Are most people, dark and bright

in monochrome?  Close to home?

An oft told tale?

 

 

 

Is this what love is -- feeling

an other as part of you?

 

 

 

Dressed in poetic senses --

how I perceive and

self express

 

 

 

I understand that acquiescence

to threats puts me in eternal danger.

If you need my help, treat me as

a valuable asset.

 

 

 

Everybody gets subjugated,

tortured

when designated in opposition

to the norm

 

 

"We are one human family

and we are all equal"

Not the same.

We are each different

in our own ways

but that difference doesn't make

us greater or lesser

but rather each our own

blessing within the community

 

 

 

Sure, you can find rationales for

your colonial mindset that holds

us all in a suicide warzone instead

of getting together to work to solve

the very real problems faced by

our species -- the human race,

which seems to be a race to destruction.

 

 

 

I don't need you to give to me

I need you to give my presents to

I need the pull of audience

to make my voice

 

 

 

Early morning in some unknown town

wandering awakening streets

as if in a dream

 

 

 

Reflexive self doubt

I'm bad  I'm ignorant  I'm stupid

I'm getting it wrong for evil reasons

Stop  Look  Listen

    Think, calmly, reasonably

    dispassionately, with compassion

Mindful awareness

What can I learn

discern the source of

disquieting behavior, like pain

telling me:  "attend!"

 

 

 

All these layered associations,

montages of meaning

 

 

 

Back then I studied complexity

so now I can afford to explore

simplicity

 

 

 

Untethered to ancestors

I am self-defined,

self-created, self-educated

in a world that denies

what I have learned to be

 

 

 

12/22/22-1/1/23

 

 

My New Year wish:   Where we keep our consciousness, those thoughts that carry us along

is what we will manifest – not woo woo, but the basis of subjective realities

Enjoy a Glorious 2023

manifest your best year ever!

 

 

Peace,

L.


No comments: