Friday, June 24, 2022

shits and giggles

 

I am privileged to not have the
luxury of giving a shit what people
think of me, so I can say what makes
sense to me, rather than what I think
they want to hear.
 
 
 
We so often hear the US is the richest
country in the world – but how is that
richness reflected?
We also hear that in the richest
country in the world children go hungry,
the sick go homeless, people suffer
desperate lives of deprivation.
Our sorry little sin is that the land of
freedom and democracy is a clear
oligarchy where the vast wealth is
the power of a private few who use it
to oppress and rule, cruelly.
 
 
 
Always thinking the worst of you.
Expecting you to think the best of me.
Telling ourselves they – big, bad they --
are monstrous instead of knowing you
are just another guy, trying to get by,
never knowing the rules any better
than me, laughing and faking while
hoping no you will see and use my
weakness to defeat me.
 
 
 
People made it.
People can change it.
It’s not a matter of can, but will.
 
 
 
organize with local businesses and leaders
to create the goods and services people want
meanwhile offer direct subsidies to consumers
for basic needs like food and fuel, paid for by
a tax on "windfall" profits
 
 
 
people are saying: let's have some
commonsense rules so so many people
don't stupidly die
you say: they're coming for our guns
 -- SHOOT them dead!
 
 
 
 
I don't want all student debt "canceled"
because a contract ought to mean something
I do want free state education through the
graduate level so no one needs to go into
debt to get an education.
I want policies whereby debt is forgiven for
doing designated deemed important work.
I want renegotiation of debt and a lowering
of interest rates.
I want bankruptcy protection for people who
have no way of paying these debts.
I want financial education and a requirement
that a person going into debt has a clear
understanding of exactly what they are getting
themselves into and how to avoid it.
I want a savings bond issued to every US born
infant sufficient to pay for a first class education
or start a potentially successful business or buy
remunerative property.
 
 
 

6/18-23/22

No comments: