Friday, June 17, 2022

learn to be

 

 
To judge, file people
based on inborn traits
makes no sense to me.
I don’t identify with my physicality.
I see my body as utilitarian conveyance
-- happy with it when it does as I desire;
unhappy when it won’t.
Who I am is multitudes
permeating time and space as mind,
imagination, interface with
contextual information, emotional
empathy, feeling beings not me
based on commonalities that transcend
physicalities.
 
 
 
We don’t choose to be reviled.
They choose to hate.
 
 
 
If all sexual behavior is sin, then
God doesn’t want us reproducing,
all children are damned by their
creation.  Why so much of life
is suffering.
 
 
 
Chaos, confusion, drama, and the
serious self-talking to
my process of unfolding what I need
to know, what I need to tell you,
despite your interest or response.
How I learn to be me.
 
 
 
Evil isn’t about sex.
Evil is about cruelty and the self-entitlement
of believing one deserves to rule the world.
 
 
 
All the almost infinite ways we can be
outsiders.  How are those designated
inside in any way superior?
Inside whose walls?
 
 
 
So easy, entertaining, to complain.
Far too lazy to take on the menial work
day by day,
responsibilities of real leadership.
We don’t really want to be free,
to be decent, to be realistic, to be what
we claim to want to be.
So easy to play our habitual games,
ride neurochemical highs, believe
flattering lies.  Letting our lives,
your lives, all life unravel, run out of
disguises, numbed from marination
in pain.
 
 
 
hey, capitalists, want to prove the worth
of your theory?  get your acts together and
end these commodity shortages -- do it
competitively thus prices will be what
we want to pay
 
 
 
ha ha, money is a social construct with
no actual existence -- no there there to carry us
 
the real value is in people, what we can
do, what we can imagine and learn to do,
how we can make each other and ourselves feel
 
 
 
6/13-16/22
 
 
 

No comments: