Friday, February 4, 2022

continuing Winter

 

 
Freedom isn't only for you.
You insist I respect your rights?
I insist you respect mine.
 
 
 
 
Co-existing with loss
along the way.
Dare to grieve, to feel more than
I can contain, yet never breaking
out of skin and guts,
out, out, all excruciation.
Mangling, squeezing viscerally,
to expel!  what I never want gone.
I scream to tell -- again and again,
but only within my bleeding mind.
I see, hear, smell, grab to my heart.
Courtyards swelled with Spring,
with bursting flowers, green.
Aching green, awash in loss.
 
 
 
 
Your cause may be just.
If your actions are assholish,
that's all we will see.
 
 
 
 
 
of course it's scary; it's meant to scare --
domestic terrorism to take over the country
(perhaps the world) without the messiness
of actual war that could be lost
 
 
 
 
we do not serve ourselves or our causes by
overextending limited energy -- we need to
feed ourselves with care and kindness
that we rediscover inspiration and action
 
 
 
 
 we really ought to rethink "economy" to understand
it is about distribution of and creation of resources
for everyone's potential benefit, not about hoarding
and destroying them, certainly not about destroying
the source of all of our "wealth"
 
 
 
 
if we want voters to show id of a particular kind
to vote we must give that id to all registered voters
and to each newly registered voter at registration
otherwise it's not about id, but discrimination
 
 
 

1/26-2/3/22

No comments: