Friday, October 22, 2021

social exchange

  

Don’t assume I intend to argue --
I am saying what occurs to me
as I scroll through my stream --
more like a greeting.
 
 
 
Why expend so much time/energy,
emotion
on people who ought not matter
to you – people you neither like
nor agree with?
 
 
 
Without reliable information
while we reside each in our pocket
beliefs pseudotribally,
it becomes not just a rupture of society,
it is the destruction of reality
 
 
 
it’s not just the money – I know you capitalists
can think of no better incentive, but people want
to feel respected, to feel like we matter that our
well being is important. We want to see that
evidenced in very real policies and benefits.
 
 
 
I have been grieving, for my life, for all those
feelings and knowings and sensing and communicating,
and – that are gone and unmourned, unknown and
without interest to any but me.  So why do I feel this
as grief, as important to grieve?
 
 
 
radical Republicans are engaging in
reckless endangerment on many levels
 
 
 
 
10/9-20/21

No comments: