Tuesday, September 14, 2021

almost autumn

 

admit it:  we ALL have abilities and

disabilities, skills and boundaries, aptitudes
and attitudes and foibles.  We also have a
huge diversity of work needing doing for our
common betterment.  How about back in schools
we learn more about that diversity of work and
the diversity of workers to get it done, and
how each of us can best partake?
 
 
 
 
it occurs to me that what we are bemoaning
as divisiveness, misogyny and other hate-isms,
is really just a culture of abject rudeness,
people who apparently never were appropriately
taught to mind our manners, to behave well in public.
 
 
 
Memory, more like dreaming
In that time, those places, with
different context.
Here I see me, there,
enacting those traumas,
dramas, comedies,
sensing out themes and meanings.
 
 
 
 
I have known that sweet need
to retaliate, to find clever words
in hope of hurting dangerous people
who scream for violence,
hatefully emote with no boundaries
of decency.
But is this tit for tat outrage
the best use of my energy if my
goal is to overshadow, defeat
the darkness, the inhumanity we
are somehow heir to?
I need to believe we are all essentially
pro-life in the sense of species
survival, enough to on balance create sanity.
Tell me that story again.  Remind me why.
 
 
 
9/9-14/21

No comments: