Friday, May 23, 2008

Taurus Candles 2008

Self-Defense

The calmness of the night
with no one
but me
and the cat and the music
Sentient spirits
out of reach, out of time
feel my yearning
for soft waves, perfumed
in ozone
on a moonlit beach
Gentle, wafting breezes
carry me
Paradise is a state of mind
warm, loving seas
caressing care and callous
into quiescence
Some are born to battle
to die sadly on rocky
foreign terrain
If I could give them peace
If I could discover
words and gestures
to bind us all
in peaceful, happy
equilibrium
I would so gladly reach out
so far my arms would break
I would sing above the fray,
sweetly, soulfully,
mesmerizing
I would open the walls
of Paradise
Would you enter?
Would you swim these delicious streams,
drink the nectar of precious dreams?
Would you be so happy
to play
swept away
in sweet music?
Or grumblingly never
look past the sign:
No Weapons Allowed
?

(c) April 20, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon



Prairie Wind

Aching times
Ghost singers on the prairie
Snug little home, peace
against raging winds
hearthfire warm
in stone and sacrifice
Timestorms erode,
leave ghostly sentinels
Far, in green glade mists
where ancient hymns are born
balm and salvation
extend glad hands
Cleansing flame brings dreams
scented summer secrets
respite of brilliant rainbow
diffusing softly
into twilight

(c) April 25, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon


Graduation

And so it came to pass
Times were grim, grimey,
evil happily at play
We told ourselves
thus has it ever been
cancerous slime feeding
on starving misery,
beating, drawing the blood
from our calluses
with rusty spiked sticks
"Dance for us
Such beautiful rigor
Learn to please like poppety
puppets
we shelve or play with
willfully, we the special
chosen wunderkind of wealth"
Dancing, jerky minstrel clowns
dressed to allure Poppa's friends
taught by whip to angle
through our paces
until contorted organs
breathe no more
The rituals of sacrifice
bring no balm, no water
Manna, gathered by shackled slaves
packaged and sold
to the highest bidder
Empty children suckle
on hypnotic commands
But it came to pass --
not to become eternity
Lessons to be learned, surpassed
as, class by class
we commence
beyond class

(c) April 27, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon



biography

It's always others' stories
Adventure, Romance, Mystery
Moments trickling from my past
have no structure
collage snippets
crumpled in dust
Was I born full grown as Athena?
Crying for Father's misfortunes,
Mother's lies?
Let me tell you wondrous dreams
My childhood companions
never live 'til morning

(c) April 27, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon



The Enemy

Hiding from bombardments
Thick, black water
No thirst is worth this
indignity
Running through rubble
recently devolved
homes, commerce, community
Extended families
aunts and cousins
good neighbors
valued friends
devolved to shattered corpses
Wailing at the wall of freedom,
of humanity
Chaotic prophecies whisper
Hell reigning upon
modern Earth
Policy statements fly
in protective formation
"We can not give in to
the enemy."

(c) May 1, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon


Life Plan

Wash the starlight from my eyes
Get a gig that pays
turning in my days
for reality
I've got nothing to say
that isn't already commonplace
so lacking in grace
as to be laughable
unphotographable
a disgrace to any cause
Time to take up the party line
Soon, it will all be fine
Or, if not, there's always drugs
well within the laws
Get it right
There's more than fight or flight
There's learning to keep my size
in proportion to demand

(c) April 28, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon


Poems for Sale

Pimping to Main Street.
Boobs and balls for
me ma'ams and gents,
sweetly dipped in excrement
for your shocking awe;
packaged in plastic, curse
of dinosaur extinction.
Consumers of distinction
may choose leatherbound,
even snakeskin.
Aiming to please the crowds
who adore confusion
in profusion
as long as it makes them
look real fine.
I set myself a task
in childhood
to learn great secrets
unobscured by truth.
But what I learned was
shameful and so sad.
I understand why so few
would listen.
No clever, teasing entertainments
enrich my humble wares.
Pay a pretty penny dipped in heartache;
I will sing to you your native tongue.

(c) May 4, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon



Formulations

Without valence and inert
riding the sands slipping by
unattached to wishes,
the disappointments of human life
I would love to be overcome
by emotion
drowning in relentless ocean
of gluey tears
binding eyes, thoughts, nerve centers
of pain and resistance
Gently dripping through the
hour-glass
dissolved and unbound
from my own tale
of loneliness
I would happily bind myself
to molecules of ink
and imagination
slide giddily through time
in love with the secret
of beauty and grace
if I could learn to divine
that formula
in the shifting sand

(c) May 7, 2008 Laurie Corzett/libramoon

No comments: