Monday, November 21, 2022

Scorpiout

 

 

 

I speak with my voice,

through my mind,

framed by my experience.

Please, reply with yours.

 

 

 

I don't have the energy

for so much sustained rage.

I'm exhausted.

Where do you get yours?

What of your life are you exhausting?

 

 

 

Strong family

gift against anchorless extremity

dearly bought, despite denial

of love

and children of mind, across

every adversity and triumph

sent out again and again

to find those fabled others,

to connect or console or inspire.

Who knows, or intuits

Why deny true reality?

 

 

 

 

for all we lament and pray and

raise up voices for the care and

protection of the children, our future,

we don't really seem to want one, 

or the responsibility of dealing with

our young

 

 

11/16-20/22

No comments: