Saturday, July 6, 2019

quests and questions

what does it mean to love a country?
a geographical boundary, a series of histories, a dream, idea?
how does one love chimera?
 
 
 
Evil myths
created by evil men
to excuse and congratulate evil deeds
because:
“They are lesser than us, not deserving
of respect or consideration.
Inflict pain and degradation at will --
they don’t feel it like we do.”
 
 
 
People, so often self-involved,
caught up in our own concerns,
flailing wildly into the air in frustration
or pain, not realizing there are other
people getting hit.
 
 
 
No, I’m not sorry.
Don’t forgive me.
I can’t buy into your game of blame,
wasting our time to make changes we need
to survive. 
 
 
 
A habit of self-annihilation
understood and released
What thots will fill that space?
 
 
 
A fairly open market
with sufficient sensible regulation
to make sure nobody gets screwed
AND
a strong, fine-meshed safety net
such that everybody’s needs are met.
Freely open forums for civil conversation,
community projects, information sharing --
but no disrespect of participants strictly enforced
by time outs.
 
 
 
Luxuriate in the experiences offered by this Life.
 
 
I am no Superior Man
breathing rarified air, up there.
Here on hard-rock land
I struggle to understand
what’s fair; what I can bear.
 
 
 
I am not inexperienced with being bullied.
I have long since learned:
It’s not about me, but abut how you
think you need to feel.
 
 
 
It’s not to be anti, but what are you for?
Not anti-Communist, but for Human Rights.
 
 
 

6/29-7/5/19

No comments: