Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Poetry Month Day 17

Sacred Calling 
 
 
Cloistered for warmth in this area between.
I've learned its scenery, like lattice worked into my eyes.
Slowly turning toward a wise relief, pausing at this door,
portal to awesome wonderment, pure radiant bliss
dispelling knots of pain and betrayal.
Magnetic psyche searing brand,
archetype of mystic dreams carried through
into the world of Man -- I come to the promised land,
potent stream of prophecy. 
Commanded, I lay down my burden, weight against my back
of gathered assets I was certain to require.
Freed to meet my mission, to accept desire,
immortal pleasure, the opportunity to sketch,
to draw out beauty, to paint leisurely upon prism glass.
Have I reached the bridge upon the crossroads, the glimmering?
Magick's sea through which I now may travel, native soul
returned, having earned my keep, my long journeyman's
wage.  I have looked at age, a deep reflective pond.
A wild road calls, beyond this threshold, sculpted by
oceanic power, drifts and meteors.  I feel self-created destiny
shudder slowly, seismically, move me as I prepare
 
 
April 17, 2012
 

1 comment:

Chuck Levin said...

I tried writing poetry once when I took a creative writing class in college. My poetry writing was poor.