Sunday, September 22, 2024

Autumn Rising



 there is artificial (machine) intelligence 
that has been useful in many and varied 
projects, that has been used and improved 
over many years
but this is not the stupid LLM being over 
hyped these days, which has nothing to do 
with intelligence but is more a kind of parlor trick



I guess I often don't do as people expect.
I don't get what they expect.
So just sort of wing it (mostly quietly)
When I was young they told me
I had emotional problems.
Apparentely I was supposed to control
my emotions?  But they wouldn't 
tell me how.
I figured out to be quiet, and keep
my own counsel.



Policies for the improvement of people's
lives sometimes are countered by
concerns that bad actors may use
these to make bad outcomes.
Doesn't it then make better sense
to counter the bad actors, prevent
or punish their harm, rather than
forego the possible positive outcomes
from such policies?



Their tactics are clearly not about
facts, but manipulating emotions.



How dare they
corrupt good words
with their nasty connotations



Why would we give people with
the abilities to amass money
the credibility to decide where
we focus our concerns and how?



psychosis = not able to cope with
consensual reality.



distract from discomfort and chase
serendipity



How is it that the ever greater impact
of severe weather on national
economies does not compel us to
understand the greater cost of not
doing all we can to mitigate the
effects of climate change?



We have the ideas, the plans to
solve our problems, and enough
computer power to number crunch
for accuracy.  What we need is
not AI, but appropriate discussion
and implementation, and means of
funding -- which the hype over AI
has been hindering, not helping.



Apparently the GOP's base philosophy
is an outgrowth of their narcissistic
fantasy that the US is meant to be a
nation for the benefit of White Christian
Businessmen, able to do as they will
without restraint or taxation.

No comments: